To ensure that personnel responsible for Rigging Lofts are fully aware of the Legislative requirements of lifting equipment. The course is a mixture of Theory and Practical elements covering the following areas:
- Introducing an effective equipment
- The control of equipment – in and out of the
- dentifying procedures for damaged
equipment and their faults
- The control of all documentation, new
equipment, removal of equipment from
service and all equipment certification.
- Provide delegates with a thorough
grounding of the law and standards pertaining to lifting gear.
- To teach the statutory requirements for, inspection, rejection and reporting of lifting gear in service.
- To provide some practical advice that will enable those who attend to carry out lifting gear inspections confidently.
- Carry out statutory ‘in service’ inspections.
- Demonstrate knowledge of examination,
storage, marking and handling of lifting gear
- Demonstrate knowledge of terminology,
law, standards and safe working practices
concerning lifting gear.
- Offer sound advice to other users.
- Maintain a safe working environment whilst
working with lifting gear..
The aim of this course is also to provide delegates with a thorough understanding of the HSE Rigging Loft Criteria, with emphasis on Regulations and Management.
Users of lifting gear and those involved in the inspection or statutory examination of lifting gear in service. It is also suitable for those who are involved with, or give advice to, users of lifting gear.
£250 per delegate (excluding VAT)